Lesy České republiky, s. p.

Approximately 47 % of the forests owned by the state are cultivated especially by the state enterprise Lesy České republiky (Lesy ČR). The state enterprise of Lesy ČR, with its seat in Hradec Králové, was established on 1st January 1992 by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic. The main content of its activity is the administration of  1.2 million hectares of forest property in the ownership of the Czech Republic and the maintenance of nearly 38.000 km of watercourses and mountain streams. The main activity of the enterprise of Lesy ČR focuses on the preservation of forests, their protection and care as a national treasure, the fulfillment of all functions of forests and the support of sustainable forest management. On average, the annual wood production ranges between 7.5 and 8 million m3, which is substantially less than the annual forest augmentation.
Lesy ČR is divided into head offices and organizational units such as forest enterprises (4), a seed production plant (1), watercourse administrations (7) and regional head offices (12). Subordinate to the regional head offices are forest administrations (72).
On 8 % of the area of administered forests, the enterprise arranges for forest activities under its own management by means of its four directly run forest enterprises. On the remaining 92 % of the area (72 forest administrations), forest activities are secured by entrepreneurial entities based on a contractual relationship resulting from competitive public quotation submissions. The average area of a forest enterprise amounts to about 20.000 hectares of forest whereas the area of a forest administration reaches approximately 16.000 hectares of forest.

  • Total forest area managed by member: 1 160 000 ha
  • Total number of: employees: 3 638 people
  • Annual harvest in: 11 415 674 m3
Logo Czech Republic

Lesy České republiky, s. p.
Premyslova 1106
50168 Hradec Kralove
Czech Republic

Visit www.lesycr.cz

Please upgrade your browser to the latest version for a better experience.