Job Opening: Office Manager EUSTAFOR and the European Forestry House
The European State Forest Association (EUSTAFOR), along with the Confederation of European Forest Owners (CEPF), is looking for a full-time Office Manager starting on 1 September 2022.
In addition to working directly for EUSTAFOR, the Office Manager is responsible for the efficient functioning of the European Forestry House (EFH) through a wide range of accounting, administrative, and managerial tasks.
The place of work is in the heart of the European Quarters, in a historical building situated on the Place du Luxembourg. The European Forestry House is a center of competence which groups together 6 forest-based associations. In total, there are 17 colleagues from all over Europe. The EUSTAFOR Team consists of 4 people. The working language is English, but fluency in French (Dutch is an asset) and an extensive knowledge of the Belgian way of life are required in order to navigate through local practices and coordinate with service providers.
List of tasks for EUSTAFOR:
Financial: Budget, billing, payments, accounting entries (Exact Online) and financial reporting (tax reporting is supported by professional advisors).
Employment: Timely reporting to social secretariat, monitoring of employee contracts, employee benefits, internal rules, workplace inspections (payroll is supported by professional advisors).
Legal: Implementation of new Belgian laws, follow-up actions related to general assemblies (publications), statutes, GDPR.
Administrative: Liaising with EUSTAFOR’s 36 members, send lists, filing and archiving, website updates (WordPress), diverse practical support to the members of the EUSTAFOR Team.
List of tasks for EFH:
Financial: Budget, billing, payments, accounting entries (Exact Online) and financial reporting.
Legal: Main and subtenant rental contracts, alerts and support to tenants concerning changes to Belgian laws.
Facilities management: General upkeep of the premises, ensuring general cleanliness, orderliness and safety of the premises, insurance, monitoring outside providers (cleaning, maintenance, etc.), supplies, meeting room rental, reception of visitors/deliveries, annual summer reception, diverse support to all tenants, strengthening the general perception of the European Forestry House “brand.”
Qualifications and requirements:
- Hold a university or higher-education degree in a relevant field (for example: Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, etc.) and have a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Fluency in English and French (Dutch or any other European languages would be an asset)
- Familiarity with Belgian administrative procedures and international (preferably EU) settings
- Knowledge of IT (MS Word, Excel, Zoom, Teams, Exact Online, WordPress) and familiarity with the functioning of Internet, Wi-Fi and VoIP technologies
The ideal candidate will:
- Pay strict attention to details when working with budgets and finances
- Be able to apply a fair and legal mindset when negotiating solutions
- Have good interpersonal, communications, and relationship-building skills
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Be reliable and discreet
- Be adaptable and able to juggle priorities
- Take initiatives when needed
Please send your CV, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31 May 2022.