SUPERB webinar “(in)coherences in the NRL”
On 18 October 2023 at 15:00 SUPERB will host a webinar about the new Nature Restoration Law. This upcoming Forest Restoration Talk will explore policy coherences and incoherences between the Nature Restoration Law and other pieces of legislation, debating the main synergies and trade-offs that are likely to affect stakeholders and competing demands for a variety of forest ecosystem services. The discussion will be based on an analysis of multilevel and cross-sectoral policy coherence conducted as part of the SUPERB project and building on an extensive mapping of forest restoration-related policies in Europe.
- Metodi Sotirov, Senior Researcher & Assistant Professor in Forest and Environmental Policy,University of Freiburg
- Simon Fleckenstein, Project Researcher and PhD Candidate in Forest and Environmental Policy, University of Freiburg
- Ana Rocha, Director – EU Agriculture & Forestry policies, European Landowners’ Organization (ELO)
- Karoliina Niemi, Finnish Forest Industries Federation
- Magda Bou Dagher-Kharrat, Principal scientist at the Mediterranean Facility of the European Forest Institute and coordinator of the SUPERB project