International Day of Forests 2021
The theme of the International Day of Forests for 2021 is “Forest restoration: a path to recovery and well-being.” The restoration and sustainable management of forests help address climate change and biodiversity crises. It also produces goods and services for sustainable development, fostering an economic activity that creates jobs and improves lives.
This year’s theme fits into the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration (2021-2030), a call for the protection and revival of ecosystems around the world.
Key messages :
- Healthy forests mean healthy people
- Forest food provides healthy diets
- Restoring forests will improve our environment
- Sustainable forestry can create millions of green jobs
- It is possible to restore degraded lands at a huge scale
- Every tree counts
- Engaging and empowering people to sustainably use forests is a key step towards positive change
- We can recover from our planetary, health and economic crisis. Let’s restore the planet this decade