Nature restoration in forests – Opportunities, issues and real-life examples
The Wood Be Better network, initiated jointly by the Swedish Forest Industries and LRF Skogsägarna, i.e. the Federation of Swedish Family Forest Owners, is organizing a webinar on “Nature restoration in forests – Opportunities, issues and real-life examples” on 15 October from 13.00 to 14.30 CEST.
In December 2021, the Commission will put forward a proposal for legally binding EU nature restoration targets, which will encompass forests. Depending on local conditions, the actual need for forest restoration will vary across Europe and much is already done by forest owners on voluntary basis as part of their sustainable management. Going forward, important aspects to consider are for instance:
- What areas are to be restored and why?
- How are the restoration results to be judged and by whom?
- What happens to a forest area once restored?
- Who is going to pay for the restoration?
- How can voluntary actions be promoted before coercive measures?
Program & registration