KOLI FORUM Event: Climate Smart Forestry in Practice
Time: December 3rd, 2018 at 4-8 p.m.
Venue: The Permanent Representation of Finland to the EU, Brussels
- Climate Smart Forestry in practice: Case studies from public and private forests
- Results of the recent LULUCF study: Professor Birger Solberg (Norwegian University of Life Sciences)
- Open discussion: Best practices and policies to leverage the positive climate impacts of forests
This highly interesting seminar and networking event will focus on the most recent know-how on climate impacts generated by alternative forest management regimes. Koli Forum in cooperation with CEPI (the European forest fibre & paper industries association) invites you to join the discussion on how to best leverage the positive climate impacts generated by forests and forest sector. We will hear from the leading forestry and forest industry organizations and researchers about the various possibilities to contribute to mitigation. The seminar will be opened by the Ambassador of Finland to the EU.
- Opening words. HE Minna Kivimäki, Ambassador, Permanent Representation of Finland to the EU
- Results of the recent LULUCF study. Birger Solberg, professor, Norwegian University of Life Sciences
- Role of forest products in carbon sequestration. Sylvain Lhote, Director General, CEPI
- CASE Metsähallitus: Climate Smart Forestry. Pentti Hyttinen, Director General, Metsähallitus
- CASE Tornator: Practices for optimizing climate benefits and other values offered by forests. Sixten Sunabacka, CEO, Tornator Oyj
- Discussion and wrap-up: Best practices and policies to leverage the positive climate impacts of forests. Moderated by Terhi Koipijärvi, Head of Communications, Metsähallitus
- Buffet and drinks sponsored by CEPI
More information about the registration available in October.Save-the-Date Web Announcement